Wixford Parish Council Minutes 9 January 2018

Minutes of Meeting of  Wixford Parish Council

Tuesday 9th January 2018 at 7.30pm

MINUTE: 318

Present: Councillors Dean Morris (in the Chair), Colin Hales, Jack Fryer and Andrew Reekes. Clerk: Lynne Reekes.

In attendance: 2 members of the public.

 

  1. Apologies: Cllr J Haworth; WCC Cllr. Mark Cargill who also gave apologies on behalf of SDC Cllr Sue Adams due to ill health

 

  1. Disclosure of Interests. Councillors are asked to declare personal interests in any items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded that the Code of Conduct that takes effect from September 2012 provides that should they have a prejudicial interest in any matter under discussion they should withdraw from the room and not seek to influence a decision about the matter.

None declared.

 

  1. Reports from District & County Council representatives: Cargill gave his report

by email, which is attached to these Minutes.

 

  1. Comments from the Public: See below para (iv) under Matters Arising for point raised by John Cain.

 

  1. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 12th September 2017: approved as a true

and accurate record, and signed as such by Chairman Cllr Dean Morris.

 

 

  1. Matters arising:

(i) Village Gateway sign now installed. All present were happy with it. Invoice for the

balance cost yet to come.

(ii) Village website: now up and running. Cllr. Morris is the only person with access at present and suggested it would be sensible for a second person to have access. It was felt that it would not be sensible to give free access to anyone who wished to make changes. John Cain asked whether it would be possible to give a direct link to the Village Hall website, but it was agreed that for the time being Cllr Morris would continue to manage the site. He asked that anyone wishing to advertise a village event should let him have details and he will make the appropriate addition to the website.

(iii) Village speeding issues:

  • Cllr Morris has texted emailed District Councillor Mike Brain (who had sourced the sign for the PC originally) re- the broken flashing “30” sign. He will follow this up by email.
  • Liz Newey had expressed an interested to Cllr Morris in being part of a speed gun team. John Cain will arrange for emails to be sent to all villagers on the email list held for the Village Hall, asking whether anyone else is interested. It was reported that there have to be 3 people per team.

(iv) Barrier on motorway bridge: John Cain pointed out that the current chevrons do not give adequate warning of the sharp bend. All were agreed. Clerk to email WCC Highways to request chevrons be extended or enlarged.

(v) Weight signs: Cllr. Morris had emailed Cllr Cargill requesting 7.5 ton signs at all entrances to the village but has received no response as yet. Clerk to email Cllr Cargill again. Noted: a sign is needed in each direction on the sharp bend from the Ragley road, plus one on the roundabout at the entrance from the Waterloo Industrial estate at Bidford.

(vi) General road condition: this is unsatisfactory. The recent resurfacing was not of an adequate standard, resulting in disintegration of the surface in places following recent severe weather. Grit from the road has transferred to pavements, the condition of which is also unsatisfactory. The position re cats eyes removed during resurfacing work also needs to be confirmed.

(vii) The Grafton Road needs sweeping. Not done when the other roads were swept following Cllr Fryer’s recent enquiry to Warwickshire County Highways.

(viii) All agreed that the number of vehicles travelling through the village has greatly increased and is now a problem. Clerk to make enquiries of Warwickshire County Highways whether numbers could be monitored.

 

  1. Finance:

The following Accounts were approved for payment:

  • PAYE Final payment re Simone Bush: £78.62
  • Replacement cheque SOAR Enterprises second website payment £900 (which will be presented if Lloyds confirm that the first cheque issued in September 2017 has not been presented).

 

  1. Planning: no new items to report.  It was confirmed that the application to revise the Permission for Wixford Grange to 11 months occupation for fewer caravans, had been refused.

 

  1. To deal with any correspondence: there was none.

 

 

  1. Any other Business to note:

(i) Precept: it was agreed that the amount applied for should be the same as last Year (£7000).

(ii) Clerk produced the Lloyds Bank form to give her delegate internet access to the Council’s account. This was approved and signed by Cllrs Fryer and Morris. She will enquire as to internet access for Councillors.

(iii) Cllr Fryer remarked that pressure had reduced since recent repair to the main. Cllr Reekes reported pressure problems at the end of Church Lane since completion of the Oversley Castle development, particularly at weekends. It was agreed that a letter should be sent to Severn Trent pointing this out.

(iv) Cllr Fryer reported the possibility of Government funds being available for improvement of the Village’s broadband service. He will make enquiries.

 

Meeting closed at 8.30pm.

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *