Wixford is a village in Warwickshire, UK, one and a half miles south of Alcester. Its church, dedicated to Saint Milburga of Wenlock, was founded in the 12th century. For much of the late 19th and early 20th century people travelled from Alcester to the Sunday evening services in St Milburga's.
Both the Heart of England Way (popular with hikers) and the River Arrow run through the village. Tired walkers can enjoy a drink and food in the two village pubs, The Fish Inn or The Three Horse Shoes. The remains of Oversley Castle are just half a mile to the north of the village and the Roman road Icknield Street runs very close by.
There was once a railway station in the village built by the Evesham & Redditch Railways Company in September 1866, which was part of the Gloucester Loop line. At the time of its closure in January 1950 it belonged to British Rail. Neither the line, the station nor the associated railway bridge are in existence anymore, although the Heart of England Way runs along part of the old line.
In a nod to its proximity to the border of Worcestershire the Exhall & Wixford cricket club is affiliated with both the Warwickshire and Worcestershire County Cricket Boards. The village hall is not large, with a capacity of 70, but is available for rent by members of the public.
Originally 'Witlakesford', then 'Wicklesford', by 1570 the village took its present name. St Milburga's church has a magnificent brass of Thomas de Crewe dating from 1411, and a 17th century priest's stable in the graveyard. Moor Hall dates from the 15th century.